With so many sober living homes for addiction recovery, do they work, what makes one work versus another and how can I choose what is really best for me?
There are a myriad of women’s sober living homes in Pennsylvania, so it can be difficult to distinguish which one you will benefit most from residing at. How do you know if they work and what should you expect? One of the most unique aspects of Junction House Sober Living is that it offers so much more than housing.
Junction House Recovery Strategies
- A drug and alcohol free environment
- Random drug and alcohol testing
- No stealing or destructive behavior and no acts of violence
- Be actively involved in a self-directed recovery program such as 12-step programs, SMART Recovery, etc.
- Work, volunteer or return to school to ensure structure in your life
- Support and accountability of other women, including the female owners with over 35 years of experience in recovery
- Family guidance
- Yoga and meditation
- Addiction education
Research shows that staying in a sober environment for the first year of sobriety increases your chances at remaining in recovery long term. The amount of time you reside in a sober living home increases your chances of success because it gives you enough time to get back on your feet, secure a job or other structured activities, and feel strong in your recovery. Remaining in a safe, sober environment while your brain undergoes changes that occur during the first year of recovery (as the brain’s chemicals return to homeostasis) increases your chances of success. Residing in sober living minimizes the chances of isolation – one of the leading causes of relapse. It also provides structure and accountability and allows you to connect with other women going through the same or similar issues.
While there are numerous sober living homes in Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties, it is important to look at qualities of programs you will want. Residents of Junction House enjoy a less structured atmosphere while developing healthy coping skills to maintain sobriety in the “outside world.”
5 Qualities for Choosing a Sober Living Home
- Structure – Provide more than simply a daily routine but additionally implements rules and regulations.
- Safety – Inquire about the current residents in the house and be mindful of the neighborhood where the sober living is located.
- Social Network – Finding social support and a sense of belonging and positive vibes is crucial in maintaining long-term sobriety.
- Strong Staff and Support Team – It is important that the staff truly cares about you and your recovery.
- Personal Responsibility – At the end of the day, your success in maintaining sobriety comes down to whether you are willing to put in the hard work.
The reality is that your recovery depends on your actions and residing in a women’s sober living home can help motivate you to remain in sobriety.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION & AVAILABILITY
Debbi at 215-815-0113
888-445-8628 | 888-44-JUNCTION
WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS